In response to COVID-19 and many of our people going into self isolation, we have decided to offer weekly Zoom Hangouts. These Zoom sessions are a fun way for all of us to safely come together, during a time which can otherwise be quite lonely.
Some friendly reminders about these Zoom sessions:
1. These are times for you to have fun. If you need to sign in later, or sign out early, don't worry about it! If you miss a day, hopefully we'll see you next time.
2. If you don't feel like dressing up or doing the planned activities, no problem! Just hanging out is cool too. (Note: You don't have to be an artist to do the art activities. They will all be fairly simple and step by step. It's a chance to try something new!)
3. When we are all together in the sessions, please make sure you are including everyone in the conversations. We're all feeling pretty lonely, and this is a chance for all of us to be there for each other.
4. If you are not talking and/or are doing things outside of what the group is doing, please mute your mike. It can be very distracting trying to hear others when there is other background noise.
5. Please remember this is a public platform. To protect everyone's privacy, we will not be sharing any personal information while we are in our hangouts.
6. Zoom Hangouts is a safe place for everyone. Please be respectful of each other.
7. If you would like to Zoom with a specific person in your own time, let me know and I can try and connect you.
8. I will send the invites for the session 15 min before the start time. Text or call me is the best way to reach me if you're having trouble : 250-661-5124.
We offer a few different types of Zoom Hangouts - Fun Zone, Chill Zone, Morning Movement, and Afternoon at the Movies. See below for details. Choose the ones you're most interested in, and come hangout!
Fun Zone - Tuesdays, 1:00-3:00.
These are more active sessions, with different activities to do each time. They usually include dance parties, step by step drawing and crafts, talent shows and sing alongs.
Click here for the Fun Zone Schedule.
Morning Movement - Wednesdays, 10:00-10:45 am
Fun movement sessions with our friend Rowan! These can be done inside or outside in your yard. Family and house mates welcome! Suitable for all ages, body types, skill levels, and mobility levels.
Click here for more info on Morning Movement with Rowan
Afternoon at the Movies - every other Wednesday, 2:00-4:00 pm
Get comfy and come join us for a fun movie with your friends!
Cllick here for more info on Afternoon at the Movies
Chill Zone - Thursdays, 1:00-3:00
These sessions generally have a theme and are a little more laid back with more of an opportunity for chatting and just hanging out. As the name suggests, they are more low-key. These sessions may include sharing stories, photos, jokes, favourite YouTube videos, etc, and usually encourage you to dress up =)
Click here for the Chill Zone Schedule.
Looking forward to hanging out with you!